Now Playing
106.1 BLI
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
106.1 BLI

celebrity news

200 items
Results 11 - 20 of 200 < previous next >

Furious Rose McGowan blasts old friend Alyssa Milano on Twitter over Weinstein’s wife

Rose McGowan took to Twitter to attack her former “Charmed” co-star Alyssa Milano, after the latter appeared on television and voiced her supporter of Georgina Chapman, Harvey Weinstein’s now estranged wife.

>> Read more trending news

Milano appeared on “Megyn Kelly Today” last week and chatted with the host about her friend Chapman — with whom she worked on “Project Runway: All Stars.” Chapman announced in October said that she was leaving Weinstein after 10 years of marriage in the wake of the sexual misconduct allegations made against him by numerous women.

“Georgina is doing very well … she’s an amazing woman, and I think her priority right now is focusing on how to raise those two children to the best of her capacity given the situation,” Milano said. “She goes through very dark times. She’s very sad. This is not easy for her, but I have no doubt that not only will she come out on the other side of this, but she deserves to. She’s a good woman.”

In response, a furious McGowan tweeted “You make me want to vomit. You actually gave me a body flashback. Well done, fake one.”

>> Related: Rapper R. Kelly's metro Atlanta mansions emptied while singer was touring

McGowan then suggested that Milano and Chapman should “call up Camille Cosby” — the wife of comedian Bill Cosby, who stood by her husband after several sexual assault allegations.

McGowan was one of the first women to publicly speak out against Weinstein. She also slammed actor Ben Affleck after former MTV VA Hilarie Burton accused him of groping her during a taping of “TRL.” Affleck has since apologized on Twitter.

McGowan alleged that she was part of a settlement with Weinstein in 1997 following an encounter in a hotel room in an explosive New York Times article.

Back in October, she was suspended from Twitter for violating the social media site’s rules.

>> Related: Angelina Jolie talks Brad Pitt, says last film together may have mirrored relationship

The actress took to Instagram to voice her frustrations with a screenshot of her Twitter account that stated the “account violated the Twitter Rules” and they “temporarily limited some of [the] account features.”

“TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME. THERE ARE POWERFUL FORCES AT WORK. BE MY VOICE. #ROSEARMY,” McGowan added in the caption.

WWE wrestler Paige contemplated suicide after photos, videos leaked

Professional wrestler Paige revealed on a podcast that she considered suicide after personal photos and an explicit sex video were leaked, Bleacher Report reported.

>> Read more trending news

Paige, 25, whose real name is Saraya-Jade Bevis, stars for the WWE. Speaking on the “Chasing Glory With Lilian Garcia” podcast that was aired Monday, the British-born wrestler said she considered taking her life as she was “at a really, really bad place.”

“I was so sad to the point I was contemplating suicide. I was on the floor, I was so low,” Paige told Garcia. “I got so skinny I ended up collapsing with exhaustion in (a) hospital in England. They told me at the time it was kind of like stress-induced anorexia.”

Paige said she has had to deal with people staring and talking.

“I was out yesterday with my friend … and this guy goes up to my friend and goes ‘that’s the porn star,’” Paige told Garcia. “And I just went in the toilet, and I cried in the toilet.”

The wrestler said she went bald and considered suicide after the tape was released in March, The Sun reported.

“I was dumb, and that’s the kind of thing I want to tell girls. Social media is a big thing these days,” Paige told Garcia. “Cameras are big thing. Just be careful what you do with it, because you never know what you’re going to be doing in your future.”

Paige told Garcia that there was “a ton of people destroying me.”

“Cyberbullying is a real thing. Fifty percent of that is what made me want to kill myself. These people don't have a life,” she told Garcia. “I usually just snap out of things, but a girl wrote to me who told me I was her biggest inspiration.

“Just having that support system made me kick out. I do have the best fan base.”

Ex-Disney actress Bella Thorne reveals abuse as child star

Actress Bella Thorne is opening up about the abuse she faced growing up in Hollywood.

>> Read more trending news

On Friday, Thorne shocked fans when she tweeted that she was a victim of molestation while working as a child star.

It all started when a fan tweeted at Thorne, “What did Disney do to this girl?! I think she was molested,” in the comments section of one of her photos. Thorne responded by retweeting the fan and writing, “Yeah I was. So it wasn’t Disney.”

Thorne did not comment on any further details of the alleged abuse, though she did respond when pals like YouTube star Tana Mongeau and her “Famous in Love” co-star Georgie Flores applauded her for sharing her story.

Thorne is best known for roles on HBO’s “Big Love” and Disney Channel’s “Shake It Up.”

Her news comes in the wake of other stars who have spoken out against sexual abuse in Hollywood. Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey and Matt Lauer were all accused of sexual misconduct and fired from their respective companies.

Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster takes nearly 200 kids to the movies

Some children in Pittsburgh got to go to the movies with a Steelers star.

>> Watch the news report here

JuJu Smith-Schuster held an advance screening of "Jumanji" with nearly 200 children from the United Way, Bike Pittsburgh and Beyond Type 1.

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news

"I didn't think there would be this many people here today. It's a great crowd," Smith-Schuster said. "I'm seeing more and more people wearing my jersey and that's exciting."

>> Read more trending news

The children got the chance to meet Smith-Schuster and then watch the movie with him, with free popcorn and drinks.

WATCH: Jimmy Kimmel holds infant son during tearful monologue about children's health care

On Monday, late-night host Jimmy Kimmel delivered an emotional monologue while holding his 7-month-old son, Billy, after taking a week off as the baby boy recovered from heart surgery.

>> Jimmy Kimmel: Senator ‘lied right to my face’ about health care

A tearful Kimmel asked lawmakers to restore the Children's Health Insurance Program, which expired two months ago.

>> Round 3: Jimmy Kimmel continues criticism of GOP’s health-care bill

"This is literally a life-and-death program for American kids," Kimmel said. "It’s always had bipartisan support, but this year, they let the money for it expire while they work on getting tax cuts for their billionaire and millionaire donors."

>> Read more trending news  

He continued: "And imagine getting that letter, literally not knowing how you will be able to afford to save your child’s life. It's not a hypothetical. About 2 million CHIP kids have serious chronic conditions. I don’t know about you, I’ve had enough of this. I don’t know what could be more disgusting than putting a tax cut that mostly goes to rich people ahead of the lives of children."

>> Watch the clip here

Kimmel's son, who was born with congenital heart disease, has had two heart surgeries and will have another at age 6, according to his show's YouTube page.

Another star reporter, this time at the New Yorker, out after ‘improper sexual conduct’

The New Yorker has fired its Washington correspondent, Ryan Lizza, over what the magazine called “improper sexual conduct.”

>> Read more trending news

New Yorker officials said in a statement that they recently learned of the “improper” conduct and made the decision to let Lizza go.

“We have reviewed the matter and, as a result, have severed ties with Lizza,” according to the magazine’s statement.

It’s unclear what the “improper sexual conduct” refers to, but Lizza issued a statement denying any improprieties.

“I am dismayed that The New Yorker has decided to characterize a respectful relationship with a woman I dated as somehow inappropriate. The New Yorker was unable to cite any company policy that was violated,” Lizza said.

Lizza, who has worked at the magazine for the past decade, apologized to his family and colleagues for any embarrassment, but said The New Yorker was wrong.

“This decision, which was made hastily and without a full investigation of the relevant facts, was a terrible mistake,” Lizza said.

The New Yorker hasn’t revealed any details of the complaint against Lizza and apparently has no plans to do so.

“Due to a request for privacy, we are not commenting further,” according to the magazine’s statement.

>> Related: Charlie Rose fired from CBS amid sexual harassment allegations; PBS cuts ties with newsman

Lizza’s termination follows other recent high-profile firings over allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct, including former “Today” show anchor Matt Lauer, former CBS “This Morning” anchor Charlie Rose and New York Times reporter Glenn Thrush.

Family, friends celebrate Kirk Douglas’s 101st year

Kirk Douglas had a lot of help to blow out his many birthday candles over the weekend.

Deadline Hollywood reported that the Hollywood legend rang in 101 years on Saturday at his Beverly Hills home and was showered with tributes from his famous family. 

>> Read more trending news

The senior Douglas’ 17-year-old grandson, Dylan Douglas, posted a photo on an Instagram of himself planting a peck on his grandfather’s face.

“Happy birthday 101 years and still sexy love you with all my heart Pappy,” Dylan captioned the photo.

Dylan’s mother, actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, offered her own well wishes for her father-in-law. She shared a photo on Instagram of Douglas and herself with the caption, “101 today!!!! My darling Pappy on my knee. Happy Birthday to my wonderful, inspirational and loving father in law, Kirk. Love you with all my heart.”

Zeta-Jones’ posts came in lieu of her presence at Douglas’s lunchtime birthday bash, but she definitely didn’t miss out on singing her father-in-law a personalized rendition of “Happy Birthday” through FaceTime, according to The Daily Mail

In addition to his 73-year-old son, Michael Douglas, — who flew in and out of the celebration to rejoin his son Cameron at the birth of his granddaughter — Kirk was joined in celebration by his wife of 63 years, Anne, 98, nieces and nephews and Hollywood bigwigs. 

Douglas’ family presented him with a bright, sunflower-patterned cake with his age written in frosting, and his cardiologist allowed the “Spartacus” star to enjoy his yearly, physician-permitted shot of vodka, according to Deadline

Born on Dec. 9, 1916, Kirk Douglas has enjoyed a storied career spanning several decades. The veteran was known for playing the title character from “Ulysses” (1954), starring in “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” (1954) and his famed role as “Spartacus” (1960). 

Considering the 101-year-old actor was up and dancing just last year, he’s still got plenty of youth left inside.

Ellen DeGeneres’ California home threatened by wildfires

The Thomas Fire is impacting thousands of California residents, including talk show host Ellen DeGeneres.

>> Read more trending news

DeGeneres tweeted Sunday night that her Santa Barbara home is in danger from the raging wildfire.

“We just had to evacuate our pets,” she wrote. “I’m praying for everyone in our community and thankful to all the incredible firefighters.”

The Thomas Fire has burned through at least 200,000 acres through Sunday evening and also interrupted transmission lines in the Santa Barbara area, leaving more than 85,000 customers without power.

>> PHOTOS: California wildfires burn thousands of acres

The fire began seven days ago and has forced more than 88,000 people to evacuate their homes, KCBS reported.

More than 4,000 firefighters have been deployed to the firefight.

Chef Mario Batali leaves 'The Chew' amid sexual harassment allegations

Chef Mario Batali is stepping down as co-host of ABC’s cooking and lifestyle show “The Chew” after being accused of sexually harassing and inappropriately touching women, USA Today reported.

>> Read more trending news

Multiple anonymous women alleged in a story by food-trade publication Eater New York that Batali had groped their breasts or buttocks, amid other allegations.

Batali apologized and pledged to try and “regain” the “respect and trust” of his fans, family and business associates.

“I apologize to the people I have mistreated and hurt,” Batali said. “Although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted.

“That behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility and am deeply sorry for any pain, humiliation or discomfort I have caused to my peers, employees, customers, friends and family.”

Batali & Bastianich Hospitality Group — which services about two dozen restaurants owned by Batali, Joe Bastianich and others — confirmed that Batali “will step away from the company's operations,” USA Today reported.

“We have asked Mario Batali to step away from ‘The Chew’ while we review the allegations that have just recently come to our attention,” ABC said in a statement. “ABC takes matters like this very seriously as we are committed to a safe work environment. While we are unaware of any type of inappropriate behavior involving him and anyone affiliated with the show, we will swiftly address any alleged violations of our standards of conduct.”

Batali has been one of four co-anchors of “The Chew” since its inception in 2011, Variety reported. He also recently signed a deal with Food Network to produce new episodes of his cooking series “Molto Mario” for the first time since 2005. Food Network had no comment on the status of that project, Variety reported.

Jane Fonda reunites with ‘favorite ex-husband’ Ted Turner for her 80th birthday bash

Jane Fonda was joined by her “favorite ex-husband” Ted Turner and friends to celebrate her 80th birthday at The Whitley in Atlanta Saturday night. 

James Taylor and Carole King performed and then helped Jane blow out candles. 

>> Read more trending news

Other famous friends at the “Eight Decades of Jane” celebration included including actresses Rosanna Arquette and Catherine Keener, playwright Eve Ensler and Spanx founder Sarah Blakely. 

Fonda’s son, Troy Garity, was also among the 228 guests.

The Associated Press reported that the event recognized Fonda’s achievements throughout her life and also raised $1.3 million for Fonda’s Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power & Potential foundation, which she created in 1995.

More information on the event and Fonda’s GCAPP foundation can be found at myAJC.com.

200 items
Results 11 - 20 of 200 < previous next >