Now Playing
106.1 BLI
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
106.1 BLI

celebrity news

200 items
Results 41 - 50 of 200 < previous next >

Meghan Markle baptized into Church of England

Meghan Markle was baptized and confirmed into the Church of England during a private ceremony Tuesday, The Daily Mail reported.

>> Read more trending news

The 45-minute service was conducted at the Chapel Royal by Justin Welby. the Archbishop of Canterbury, and also was attended by Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, the Daily Mail reported.

Queen Elizabeth and Prince William did not attend, the newspaper reported.

As part of the ceremony, holy water from the River Jordan was poured on Markle's head, the Daily Mail reported.

After her baptism, Markle was confirmed, which means she will be able to receive Holy Communion when she marries Prince Harry on May 19, the Daily Mail reported.

Markle, 36, attended a Roman Catholic high school but was brought up Protestant, CNN reported. She did not need to convert in order to marry the prince, but she announced when she became engaged that she would.

Usher separates from wife Grace Miguel after two years of marriage

Usher is separating from his wife, Grace Miguel, after two years of marriage.

The couple mutually decided to separate and were together for nearly 10 years, Us Weekly reported

>> Read more trending news 

“After much thought and consideration we have mutually decided to separate as a couple,” the pair said in a joint statement to Us Weekly on Tuesday. “We remain deeply connected, loving friends who will continue supporting each other through the next phases of our lives. The enormous amount of love and respect that we have for each other will only increase as we move forward.”

Citing an unnamed source, Us Weekly reported that the pair had been separated for a couple of months.

In 2017, a woman, who later came forward as Quantasia Sharpton, accused Usher of giving her herpes. Reports claimed that the 36-year-old singer paid her $1 million to settle a lawsuit. TMZ reported that Sharpton, along with an anonymous woman and an anonymous man, filed a suit claiming they were never told about Usher’s diagnosis.

Usher proposed to Miguel, 48, who at the time was his girlfriend and business partner, in January 2015. They eloped in September of that year. Usher is parent to 10-year-old son Usher Raymond V and 9-year-old son Naviyd Ely, his children from his first wife, Tameka Foster.

Miguel and Usher had no children together.

Texas country and Red Dirt musician, singer-songwriter Brandon Jenkins has passed away

Texas country and Red Dirt singer-songwriter Brandon Jenkins.

>> Read more trending news 

Jenkins passed away on March 2 after he failed to full recovery from surgery to replace a heart valve on Feb. 21. He was just 48 years old.

Recognizable for his red beard, Jenkin’s humble, yet humorous personality was apparent even as he faced this most recent serious surgery. He maintained his upbeat optimism even as he headed into surgery. However, due to apparent complications resulting from significant blood loss, Brandon never stabilized.

>> Related: Music community rallies around Red Dirt favorite in extremely critical condition

Going by the tongue-in-cheek moniker of “Red Dirt Legend” on his social media pages, Brandon was as beloved for his kindness, generosity and wit as he was for his award-winning songwriting. Brandon released his first project, “Faded,” in 1996 on his own label, well before independent artist releases were deemed viable, and while he did release several albums on record labels, for his most recent albums, he returned to his own Red Dirt Legend Recordings label.

Fellow Red Dirt artists like Stoney LaRue and Bleu Edmonson have been proponents of Brandon’s work, and he had shared the stage with fan favorites like Willie Nelson, Sunny Sweeney, Pat Green and Deana Carter.

Our hearts go out to Brandon’s family, friends and fans, as well as to the Red Dirt community, which lost a true warrior for its format.

‘Law and Order: SVU’ fans excited about return of Stephanie March as ADA Alex Cabot

Law & Order: SVU” has been a staple crime drama on television for nearly two decades.

>> Read more trending news 

There are the harrowing tales of sexually based offenses — which are considered especially heinous — the personal struggles of Lt. Olivia Benson and her close-knit team and, of course, the revolving door of assistant district attorneys who insist on leaving audiences heartbroken by going just as they’ve come to love them. 

“I am delighted to be on the ‘SVU’ set again,” actor Stephanie March, 43, told People magazine.

“The show is such a meaningful part of my life, and I get to see two people I have missed dearly — Mariska Hargitay and Alex Cabot.”

That’s right — Assistant District Attorney Alex Cabot is returning to the popular show, NBC confirmed Monday

>> Related: Queen Elizabeth II was almost assassinated in 1981 secret documents reveal

“It is a thrill to welcome Stephanie back to the SVU family, even for a short visit,” said executive producer Michael Chernuchin in a statement.

“She is and will always be part of SVU’s DNA,” Chernuchin said.

March’s ADA Cabot worked alongside, and sometimes against, the SVU team for four seasons, before the character’s death was faked and she was put into Witness Protection. ADA Cabot reemerged in Season 13 but hasn’t been seen since, until now. According to a synopsis for Stephanie March’s special guest appearance, she and Mariska Hargitay’s Lt. Benson will will be crossing paths during a search for an abducted woman.

This makes for some good news after long-time cast member Raúl Esparza left the series after six seasons as ADA Rafael Barba.

>> Related: Prince Harry to meet Meghan Markle’s father for first time

The 47-year-old stepped into the ADA role in Season 14 as a recurring character before being bumped to series regular in Season 15. ADA Barba was the squad’s fourth full-time ADA, one of only three male ADAs in the show’s 19-season history — Harry Connick Jr. and Linus Roache both had four-episode stints — and was the the second longest running ADA in the franchise after Diane Neal’s Casey Novak.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Esparza exited the show to return to his roots on Broadway to star in a revival of the musical “Chess” at the Kennedy Center.

“I’ve done six seasons; I felt like it was time to go,” Esparza told EW. “I had explored a lot of what I thought Barba was about. I just felt it was time to move on. I was also feeling like the role has changed over the years in a way that has been an interesting experience for me.”

>> Related: Kangaroo, deer, elk on menu at Blake Shelton concert

With so many returning faces, fans are excited to find out who else might pop up now that Olivia Benson is heading her investigative team into its 19th season.

Rapper Rick Ross released from hospital after 4 days, report says

After being in the hospital for four days, rapper Rick Ross is now at home.

TMZ reported that the Maybach Music Group mogul was released early Monday morning. He is receiving care at his home.

>> Read more trending news 

Citing unnamed sources, TMZ reported that Ross had respiratory issues that ended up being heart-related. 

On Thursday, emergency crews came to Ross’ Davie, Florida, home, according to Us Weekly. Citing a dispatch record, Us Weekly reported that the rapper was found unresponsive and breathing heavily. The publication reported that he became “combative” with medical professionals, and police were called.

Related: Rapper Rick Ross reportedly hospitalized after medical issue

While in the hospital, celebrities expressed well wishes to the 42-year-old rapper on Twitter, including Missy Elliot, Debroah Cox, Chris Paul, Gucci Mane and Martin Lawrence.

In 2011, Ross had two seizures on two separate flights. In 2016, he told Men’s Health he adopted a healthier lifestyle, losing more than 75 pounds.

Representatives for Ross have not commented on his hospitalization or release.

Prince Harry to meet Meghan Markle’s father for first time

Although they’ve been engaged for months after dating for over a year, Prince Harry is about to meet Meghan Markle’s father for the first time at her upcoming baptism.

>> Read more trending news 

According to The Sunday Times, Markle, who was raised Protestant, will be baptized and confirmed in the Church of England during a private service by the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby at Kensington Palace sometime this month — possibly even this week. The move mimics Duchess Kate’s confirmation in a private service at St. James’ Palace leading up to her 2011 wedding to Prince William. 

Among those planning to attend Markle’s ceremony, sources told E! News, the television star’s father Thomas Markle, marking the first time he’ll meet his soon-to-be royal son-in-law in person.

>> Related: Meghan Markle intends to “hit the ground running” in support of women’s rights

Additionally, Markle’s mother Doria Ragland, who already met Prince Harry back in August before their engagement, is expected to attend the service as well, and rumor has it she may even walk her daughter down the aisle on her big day. Despite the actress’s rocky relationship with her father and her parents’ divorce, Ragland and Markle issued a joint statement following news of her engagement to Prince Harry back in November and expressed their shared joy and excitement.

“We are incredibly happy for Meghan and Harry. Our daughter has always been a kind and loving person. To see her union with Harry, who shares the same qualities, is a source of great joy for us as parents,” they said at the time. “We wish them a lifetime of happiness and are very excited for their future together.”

>> Related: Meghan Markle appears at first royal engagement with Harry, William and Catherine

According to People magazine, a Kensington Palace spokesperson declined to comment on the report about Markle’s baptism.

Kangaroo, deer, elk on menu at Blake Shelton concert

A big concert and a big game night is on tap when Blake Shelton plays Atlanta Thursday.

>> Read more trending news 

Shelton is an avid hunter. So the Atlanta Hawks’ new executive chef, Joe Schafer, will pay tribute to Shelton’s passion with a show-night menu featuring deer, elk and kangaroo.

Most concertgoers will have access to the “Coffee BBQ Smoked Red Cervena Deer Brisket” sandwich, which features caramelized onions and barbecue mayonnaise along with deer meat from New Zealand. The $13 sandwich will be available at three concession stands in the arena – Burgers and Birds on the upper level, Buds and Burgers on Hawk Walk and at Chops in the club level.

Fans taking in the show from the suite level can order the full “Big Game Experience” from the catering menu, which includes the deer smoked brisket, elk osso buco and roasted kangaroo loin, in addition to comparably pedestrian offerings such as chilled asparagus salad and root vegetable gratin.

>> Related: Queen Elizabeth was target of assassination plot during 1981 New Zealand visit, documents reveal

“Coming up with special menus is all part of Joe’s focus, to make the experience different. It’s how are we different from every other live event venue out there,” said Janet Smith, senior director of brand communications for the Hawks and Philips Arena. “That’s what he brings to the table in terms of his ingenuity.”

Schafer – who came to the arena this season after helming the kitchen at the acclaimed Bacchanalia – has been progressive in his food decisions.

The Hawks’ season opener in October made news because of one culinary offering – roasted, dried crickets, which were sold as a snack pack or on a taco.

Schafer said music fans can expect to see more “themed menu options” at upcoming shows. 

>> Related: Eating nuts can improve colon cancer survival rates, researchers find

“One of my goals as executive chef is to not only bring amazing quality and taste to our food, but to keep our in-house dining experience fresh and unpredictable,” he said. “That’s all a part of having a great night out.”

Tiffany Haddish wears $4,000 Alexander McQueen dress for third time at Oscars

When Tiffany Haddish said she would get her money’s worth wearing a $4,000 white Alexander McQueen dress, she meant it.

The comedian wore the dress for a third time at the Oscars Sunday night while presenting the awards for short subject and live action short film with Maya Rudolph.

>> Read more trending news 

People reported that Haddish first wore the dress to the “Girls Trip” premiere in July 2017. She then wore the dress when she hosted “Saturday Night Live” in November. 

“My whole team told me, ‘Tiffany, you cannot wear that dress on ‘SNL.’ You already wore it. It’s taboo to wear it twice,’” Haddish said during her opening monologue on the sketch show. “And I said, ‘I don’t give a dang about no taboo.’ I spent a lot of money on this dress. This dress costs way more than my mortgage. This is an Alexander McQueen. This is a $4,000 dress. I’m gonna wear this dress multiple times.”

Related: Tiffany Haddish honors late father by wearing Eritrean dress on Oscars red carpet

On the red carpet, Haddish wore a traditional Eretrean dress in honor of her late father, who was from the east African country.

“My father is from Eritrea,” Haddish said. “He passed away last year, and he said one day I would end up here, and if I ever end up at the Oscars, to honor my people, so I’m honoring my fellow Eritreans.”

Related video: 2018 Oscars: Tiffany Haddish Honors Late Father on Red Carpet

Beyonce, Jay-Z ‘On The Run 2’ tour date announced, quickly removed

Beyonce and Jay-Z appeared to have a sequel to their successful 2014 “On the Run” tour Monday, but not before the date was removed.

>> Read more trending news 

Variety reported that a date for the “On the Run 2” tour was announced on Beyonce’s Facebook and Ticketmaster pages for one date on July 30. The posts with the date for the performance, which was to be held at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, were quickly pulled. The date also appeared on Jay-Z’s Facebook page.

Complex reported that there were three listings for the date on Beyonce’s fan page.

The BeyHive quickly became excited, with some speculating that the long-rumored collaboration album between the singer and rapper was coming. 

On Friday, Us Weekly reported that the two could be announcing a joint album and world tour, citing a Feb. 28 report from Italian newspaper Il Giorno

In November, Jay-Z confirmed in a New York Times interview that he and Beyonce were working on a joint album, but Beyonce eventually released her solo album “Lemonade.”

Boxer has $155,000 in cash, jewelry stolen at Jay-Z’s NYC nightclub

A professional boxer lost more than $155,000 in cash and jewelry early Sunday when a bag containing the valuables was stolen during an altercation at a Manhattan nightclub owned by rapper Jay-Z, the New York Daily News reported.

>> Read more trending news

Middleweight fighter Jermall Charlo was at the 40/40 Club in Manhattan when he got involved in a fight around 3 a.m. the Daily News reported.

According to the New York Post, one of Charlo’s assistants handed one of the bag, which contained $40,000 in cash and $115,000 worth of jewelry, to one of the five women at the boxer’s table. Surveillance video from the club shows one of Charlo’s friends taking off his shirt, then handing the bag to a woman in the club, 40/40 spokesman Didier Morais told the Daily News.

When Charlo, 27, returned to his table, the money -- and the women -- were gone, the Post reported.

“We, of course, have given all footage to the NYPD and have cooperated as we always do for the last 15 years,” Morais said. “The bag in question was handed to one of the girls with the Charlo party by a friend of the party host and she walked out of the club with it.”

Surveillance cameras showed the five women leaving the club with the bag, the Daily News reported.

Charlo, who is 26-0, held the International Boxing Federation’s light middleweight title until February 2016, when he moved up to the middleweight class, the Daily News reported.

200 items
Results 41 - 50 of 200 < previous next >