Bride Victoria Tumolo was dancing the night away at her reception back in September when she she noticed a change in her breathing patterns. Luckily, Tumolo’s career as a nurse meant that she was prepared for such a situation, and she quickly realized what was happening.
“You need to get my parents,” she told the guests. “I think I have to go to the hospital.”
“I had to take my dress off outside so they wouldn’t cut it off me when we got to the hospital,” Victoria Tumolo said, adding that her new husband, Dominic Tumolo, and her mother removed her dress together.
“I didn’t really panic,” groom Dominic told WTXF. “I just wanted to make sure the ambulance got there and got everyone settled and then go to the hospital.”
“I wanted everyone to stay and have a good time,” Victoria said. “There was a lot of confusion, and some people knew what was going on.”
You might see two familiar faces in this Thursday’s Courier Post....👰🏻🤵🏻🥛🎂 Grab your copy to read the full story😘
Victoria later discovered that she was allergic to milk and almonds, but the symptoms of her allergy only appear after strenuous physical activity -- like dancing.
Luckily, it wasn’t all doom and gloom for the not-so-happy couple. Their caterer, Jim Auletto, teamed up with the owner of the company that provided the entertainment for the reception to offer them a complimentary do-over -- a free second reception.