106.1 BLI/College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving “Top Teacher of the Month” Contest
**PLEASE NOTE: These Official Rules have been updated as of April 23, 2021 to clarify prize information. All changes are noted below.*
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the 106.1 BLI/College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving “Top Teacher of the Month” Contest (the “Contest”) is open to: (i) legal residents of Nassau and Suffolk County, NY; (ii) who have a valid New York State driver’s license or New York State ID; and (iii) who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of
Cox Radio Inc., CMG NY/TX Radio, LLC d/b/a Cox Media Group Long Island (“Sponsor”), College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
Limit: Only one (1) prize winner may be selected from the same household every thirty (30) days in connection with any contest sponsored or administered by any of the CMG-Long Island radio station WBLI. If you or a member of your household has won a prize from any CMG-Long Island station within the last thirty (30) days, you will be ineligible to receive a prize in this Contest.
3. How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on January 4, 2021 and end at 11:59 p.m. EST on December 10, 2021 (“Contest Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
You may submit an Entry for the Contest during any of the following “Submission Periods”:
· Submission Period #1: 12:01 a.m. EST on January 4, 2021 to 11:59 p.m. EST on June 17, 2021
· Submission Period #2: 12:01 a.m. EST on September 6, 2021 to 11:59 p.m. EST on December 9, 2021
During a Submission Period, you may enter by visiting the Top Teacher of the Month Contest official registration page at http://www.WBLI.com and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions.
(i) To enter via Sponsor’s website, you must complete the following steps:
1. Enter by visiting the “Contests” page at http://www.WBLI.com, selecting the “Top Teacher of the Month Contest” link, and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions, including submitting the required essay to nominate a teacher (as described below).
· Required Essay
o As part of the registration process for the Contest, you (the “Nominator”) must nominate a teacher (each, a “Nominee”), and write an essay of 150 words or less explaining why the Nominee deserves to win 106.1 BLI/College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving’s Top Teacher of the Month Contest.
· Each Entry must be submitted at or before 11:59 pm at least five (5) days before the last Tuesday of each month to be eligible for that month’s contest. For June 2021, Entries must be received no later than June 17, 2021; for December 2021, Entries must be received no later than December 9, 2021.
· At the time of submission of an Entry, the teacher Nominee must be a teacher employed by and teaching in a public or private school in Nassau or Suffolk County, NY.
Entries submitted in compliance with the foregoing and all other terms in these Official Rules are hereafter referred to as “Entries” or, individually, an “Entry.”
Maximum one (1) entry per person and per email address during the Contest Period.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Contest application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
By entering, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, freely assignable license to reproduce your Entry and to otherwise use, exploit, copy, modify, adapt, edit, publish and display the Entry in any form, manner, venue, media or technology now known or later developed for any and all purposes, including, without limitation, for purposes of commercial or trade purposes, advertising, and promotion as Sponsor and its licensees or assignees determine, without further compensation, notification, or permission. Further, by entering, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in any Entry in favor of the Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. Entry Restrictions. Your entry (1) must be suitable for a general audience; (2) cannot contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content (all as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor); (3) cannot contain any commercial content that promotes any product(s) or service(s) other than Sponsor; (4) cannot contain any trademarks, copyrighted works or other intellectual property (other than works and intellectual property that you own, or for which you have obtained royalty-free rights for Sponsor to use in connection with this Contest (collectively, “Authorized Assets”). Any elements appearing in your entry must be entirely original, created by you, be in the public domain, or be an Authorized Asset. Use of any materials that are not original to you, not in the public domain, or that are not an Authorized Asset may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that violates the foregoing restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. Winner Selection. On or about the last Monday in each month during the Submission Periods, a Judging Panel chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select one (1) Entry from such month from among all eligible Entries received during such month as such month’s winning Entry. The Judging Panel will base its decision on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
(1) compassion depicted in the Entry (50%)
(2) the impact the nominated teacher has on community/students as expressed in the Entry (50%).
The Entries with the highest cumulative scores will be designated the winners, and each Entry’s Nominee will receive the prize(s) set forth below.
A total of
eight (8) ten (10) monthly winners will be selected.
In the event of a tie, the impact on the community/students criterion will be used as a tiebreaker. All decisions of the Judging Panel are final. To be clear, the Judging Panel may review multiple entries that submit similar entries; in such a case, the judges may consider the timing of such entries in making its decision but will not be bound to designate as a potential winner the first submission of such similar entries. The selected winning Entry and the nominee-subject of such Entry is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
6. Prize Description. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each winning Nominee will receive one (1) $250 Visa gift card for school supplies for teacher’s class; one (1) $250 gift card for teacher to spend on themselves; and a commemorative plaque.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes to be awarded in the Contest: $5,000.
Gift card issuer terms and conditions may apply.
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Nominator of each potential winner will be notified within one (1) week after the selection of the winner for each Submission Period at the telephone number and/or email provided on the potential winner’s entry form.
In order to claim a prize, Nominator winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification forty-eight (48) hours of notice or attempted notice. Sponsor and Nominator will confer on appropriate method to contact Nominee winner.
To claim his/her prize, the potential Nominee winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 555 Sunrise Highway, West Babylon, NY 11704 within thirty (30) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. EST and 5:00 p.m. EST, weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued New York State photo ID. ***During Covid-19 pandemic winners will be emailed gift cards and plaques will be held until it’s safe to have a gathering to award them.
Potential Nominee winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned five (5) business days of notification
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential Nominator or Nominee winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential Nominator or Nominee winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in such potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by the next highest-scoring Entry among the remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Authorization. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT (I) YOUR ENTRY IS ORIGINAL, WAS LEGALLY OBTAINED AND CREATED, AND DOES NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER LEGAL, EQUITABLE, OR MORAL RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY; (II) YOU HAVE OBTAINED PERMISSION TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY FROM EVERYONE NAMED, DESCRIBED, OR APPEARING IN YOUR ENTRY AND FROM THE OWNERS OF ALL LOCATIONS APPEARING IN YOUR ENTRY, AND YOU CAN MAKE THOSE AUTHORIZATIONS AVAILABLE TO SPONSOR UPON REQUEST; (III) THE ENTRY YOU ARE SUBMITTING HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN PUBLISHED OR ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION AND IS NOT CURRENTLY UNDER CONSIDERATION FOR PUBLICATION; AND (IV) YOU WILL NOT DISSEMINATE OR OTHERWISE SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY TO ANY OTHER ENTITY FOR PUBLICATION.
10. Publicity Release. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR,
COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC, TERRIER MEDIA BUYER, INC., COLLEGE HUNKS HAULING JUNK & MOVING, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND/OR YOUR NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
11. Indemnification. If Sponsor’s use of your Entry causes Sponsor to be subject to a claim by any third party, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them, against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which the Released Parties (or any one of them) may incur as a result of the use of your entry.
12. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
13. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Contest, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE, THE APP, AND THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize based upon which entries received the highest scores according to the judging criteria.
14. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
15. Sponsor. The 106.1 BLI/College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving Top Teacher of the Month is sponsored by
Cox Media Group, CMG NY/TX Radio, LLC d/b/a Cox Media Group Long Island. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after December 31, 2021) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Top Teacher of the Month, 555 Sunrise Highway, West Babylon, NY 11704 Attn; Ali Wolowitz /WBLI Promotions. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cox Media Group