NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the WPOI, WAPE, WBLI Spring Fling to Nashville Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to (i) legal U.S. residents who are 18 years or older and the age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence at the time of entry; and (ii) residing in the listening area for the following radio stations: WPOI (Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, or Sarasota counties), WAPE (Duval, Baker, Clay, St. John, or Yulee counties), and WBLI (Nassau or Suffolk counties) (each, a “Station;” collectively, the “Stations”). Employees of Cox Radio, LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group Jacksonville, Cox Radio, LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group Tampa, and CMG NY/Texas Radio, LLC d/b/a Cox Media Group Long Island (collectively, the “Sponsor”), CMG Media Corporation, Sony Music Entertainment d/b/a Epic Records, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Sweepstakes or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Sweepstakes event.
Only one (1) prize winner may be selected from the same household every thirty (30) days in connection with any sweepstakes or contest sponsored or administered by any of the Stations. If you or a member of your household has won a prize from any of the Stations within the last thirty (30) days, you will be ineligible to receive a prize in this Sweepstakes.
2. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin on February 13, 2023, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and end on March 3, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper of the Sweepstakes.
To enter, visit the Spring Fling Sweepstakes official registration page on the website of a participating station (listed below; each a “Station Website”) and complete all required information and posted instructions during the Sweepstakes Period.
o WPOI: www.hot1015tampabay.com
o WAPE: www.WAPE.com
o WBLI: www.WBLI.com
Limit: one (1) entry via per person and per household. Sponsor is not responsible for any issue that may prevent a contestant from being able to download or access the applicable Station Website or complete his/her entry. An entry received through the above method of entry, consistent with these Official Rules, will result in one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Failure to complete any of the steps in this section may result in the disqualification of your attempted entry as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
As part of the Sweepstakes entry process, you must upload an original essay (150 words or less and 1,500 characters or less) explaining a “red flag” you have experienced (the “Entry”).
By entering, you represent and warrant with regard to your Entry:
(i) You are submitting your Entry on your behalf and not on behalf of any other individual.
(ii) It is your own original work or you have all the rights necessary to post or re-post the content. Each Entry must not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is defamatory, threatening, indecent, obscene or offensive, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or which requires a license from any third party.
(iii) You have the express written consent of any identifiable locations or persons appearing or referenced in your Entry to their Persona (as defined below) being used in the ways set out in these Official Rules, including Sponsor’s right to use your Entry for any future commercial purpose without restrictions, and you can make those authorizations available to Sponsor upon request. Upon request, you will obtain written consent of any such persons for Sponsor in the form identified by Sponsor.
(iv) The Entry does not reference any person other than entrant, or any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third-party trademarks, logos, copyrights, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product, or service.
(v) Your Entry is appropriate for public viewing. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, your Entry does not contain lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or other content which Sponsor in its sole discretion decides is inappropriate or objectionable. Your Entry must also not disparage or cast a negative light on any person, entity, or brand, product, or service.
(vi) Your Entry has not previously been published or accepted for publication and is not currently under consideration for publication and your Entry complies with all of Sponsor’s requirements and terms regarding the use of its services.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry for the Sweepstakes if it believes the Entry violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. You agree to reimburse Sponsor in full in respect of any losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable legal fees (including, where permitted, reasonable attorney fees) that they may sustain from the breach of a representation or warranty made by you or the use of any rights granted by you to Sponsor hereunder. By entering, you warrant that your Entry or Entries comply with the requirements set out above including those at (i)–(vi) above. By entering, you will and hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, freely assignable license to reproduce your Entry and to otherwise use, exploit, copy, modify, adapt, edit, publish and display the Entry in any form, manner, venue, media or technology now known or later developed for any and all purposes, including, without limitation, for purposes of commercial or trade purposes, advertising, and promotion as Sponsor and each of its licensees or assignees determine, without further compensation, notification, or permission. Further, by entering, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in any Entry in favor of the Sponsor.
By submitting your Entry you also grant to Sponsor the worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable, and freely transferable right, but not the obligation, to use any and all names, identities, titles, likenesses, distinctive appearances, physical likenesses, images, portraits, pictures, photographs (whether still or moving), screen personas, voices, vocal styles, statements, gestures, mannerisms, personalities, performance characteristics, biographical data, signatures, and any other indicia or imitations of identity or likeness listed, provided, referenced, or otherwise contained in the Entry and/or image (all attributes, collectively, per person, a “Persona”) for purposes of advertising and trade, in any format, medium, or technology now known or later developed without further notice, approval, or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Entries that are in compliance with these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be posted to the Sponsor’s Website(s) and to Sponsor’s social media as they are reviewed and verified by Sponsor.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
3. Winner Selection: On or about March 6, 2023, Sponsor will select one (1) potential Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. Prize Description.
One (1) Grand Prize Package (“Grand Prize”) will be awarded. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) prize winner (“Winner”) will receive a three (3) day, two (2) night trip for Winner and up to two (2) guests (each, a “Guest”) to Nashville, Tennessee (“Trip”).
Trip will include: (a) round trip economy class air transportation for Winner and up to two (2) Guests from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Nashville, Tennessee; and (b) two (2) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, triple occupancy, room and tax only) in or around Nashville, Tennessee (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $3,000.
The trip prize awarded as part of the Grand Prize must be booked with Sponsor’s travel agent within sixty (60) days of winning Grand Prize or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Trip and trip components cannot be rescheduled. Departure dates and accommodations are subject to availability. The winner must be one (1) of the people attending the trip and the other permitted guests will be of the winner’s choosing, subject to the terms of these Official Rules. Travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Reservations are subject to availability. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Grand Prize with fewer than the allotted number of Guests or no Guests, the Grand Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Grand Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Winner must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Minor guests, if any, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Guests of Winner must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the Winner. ARV of Grand Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of Grand Prize will not be awarded. Credit card may be required at time of hotel check-in. Grand Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Grand Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Winner and Guests are responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any necessary travel documentation (i.e., valid photo identification, visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stop-overs are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor. All unclaimed and/or unused Prizes or portion thereof will remain the property of Sponsor and may not be sold, exchanged or otherwise transferred by winner nor used by Sponsor, its agencies or clients. Winner and guest must travel at the same time and must depart from the same city. All details of the prize will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Some restrictions may apply. In connection with any trip or event awarded as part of the Grand Prize, please be advised that each transportation carrier and event venue’s policies, CDC guidelines, and the recommendations of health officials must be followed. In addition, guests should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting any event destination. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Sponsor cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit.
No refund or compensation will be paid in the event of the cancellation or delay of the trip prize package (the “Trip”), or any portion thereof. Sponsor will not be liable if the Trip, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future Trip. Trip tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The terms and conditions of the Trip tickets may govern if the Trip is cancelled due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen Trip tickets, vouchers, or certificates. Exact details, including seat locations, shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential winners will be notified on or about March 6, 2023, at the telephone number and/or email address provided on the potential winner’s entry form.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within forty-eight (48) hours of notice or attempted notice.
To claim his/her prize, Sponsor will provide instructions, which may include personally visiting the applicable station’s offices (listed below) five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. ET and 5:00 p.m. ET, weekdays) and presenting a valid government issued state photo ID from Winner’s applicable state of residence.
o WPOI: 11300 4th St. N., St. Petersburg, FL 33716
o WBLI: 555 Sunrise Highway, West Babylon, NY 11704
o WAPE: 11700 Central Pkwy., Jacksonville, FL 32224
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within five (5) business days of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable effort has been made (as solely determined by Sponsor), the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and forfeiture of all interest in any prize and the selection of an alternate winner.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
6. Publicity. Participants acknowledge that telephone calls placed to a Sweepstakes phone line operated by Sponsor may be recorded for use on-air any time. Except where prohibited, participation in a Sweepstakes constitutes each participant’s irrevocable consent to the publication of his or her name in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
7. Participation. Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes for any reason, including, but not limited to, in the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, public health crisis, governmental action, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
8. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, CMG MEDIA CORPORATION, Sony Music Entertainment d/b/a Epic Records, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
9. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing or production errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or employed in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from a participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
10. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. Sponsor. WPOI, WAPE, WBLI Spring Fling to Nashville Sweepstakes is sponsored by Cox Radio, LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group Jacksonville, Cox Radio, LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group Tampa, and CMG NY/Texas Radio, LLC d/b/a Cox Media Group Long Island. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after March 13, 2022) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), WPOI, WAPE, WBLI Spring Fling to Nashville Sweepstakes, 11700 Central Pkwy., Jacksonville, FL 32224. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Julie.Bergman@cmg.com.
©2023 Cox Media Group