Door to door trick-or-treating is not cancelled this year- according to Governor Cuomo! If you’re looking to go trick-or-treating this Halloween, here are some ways to keep you & your family safe!
1. Wear a face mask! Get creative with your costume by dressing up as a doctor, ninja, or evening decorating a cloth mask to go with your outfit! Try avoiding wearing a rubber mask and face mask to avoid getting too hot.
2. Practice social distancing when trick or treating.
3. If you want to avoid face to face interaction, try to visit houses with candy at the door step!
4. Stay behind a closed door if you want to try and distribute candy. If you have extra hand sanitizer, put it next to the candy to practice cleanliness.
5. Bring hand sanitizer with you!
6. Clean all the candy wrappers with a disinfectant wipe.
7. Wash your hands once you get home!
8. Buy your own candy for your kids if you don’t feel comfortable being out! Create a “trick or treat” environment in your own home!
9. Figure out the best time to go! If you’ve got right after the kids get home from school and it’s super busy, try changing up the routine and go a little later on in the day.
10. If you’re trying to celebrate Halloween with a gathering, keep it small and outdoors!