The Summer Olympics are next year, and they’ve got some competition this time: The first-ever FLORIDA MAN GAMES are set for February 24th in St. Augustine.
The events they’ve got planned for it are a lot more interesting than shot put or water polo. And ANYONE in Florida can sign up to potentially compete.
They’ll choose 16 teams with five people each. Here are the five events they’ve got planned . . .
1. Beer Belly Florida Sumo Wrestling. Basically just sumo wrestling, but without the training or prestige.
2. Evading Arrest Obstacle Course. You’ll jump over fences and run through yards while being chased by cops.
3. Catalytic Converter, 2 Bikes, and a Handful of Copper Pipes. It’s described as a head-to-head race that “lets you live a day in the life of a Florida Man headline.” We’re guessing you have to steal all that stuff as fast as possible.
4. Weaponized Pool Noodle Mud Duel. Jousting with pool noodles while standing on a platform in an above-ground pool.
5. Category 5 Cash Grab. It sounds like one of those boxes you stand in and try to grab dollar bills. They say you’ll be subjected to hurricane-force winds.
They’ll also have a mullet contest . . . a “Florida MA’AM” beauty pageant . . . and “Chicken Coop Bingo,” where two chickens pick the numbers.
The festivities end with something called “9-1-1 Fight Night: Brawl of the Badges.” That one appears to be a series of boxing matches between firefighters and cops.
Tickets are $45, or $145 for V.I.P. tickets. You can get them through their site, TheFloridaManGames.com. They enlisted two former American Gladiators to be the judges: Nitro and Ice. You can get a photo with them for an extra 50 bucks.
©2023 Cox Media Group