Sign up below to be added to our mailing list for the latest news updates, access to exclusive contents, and more!
Kevin Hart said he was “simply in complete disbelief” after authorities brought charges against his longtime friend, Jonathan Jackson, who allegedly tried to extort the actor-comedian, ABC News reported
"Mind blown … Hurt … at a lost(sic) for words and simply in complete disbelief at the moment. WOW," Hart tweeted after the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced charges against Jackson, 41, who allegedly tried blackmailing the comedian last year.
Mind blown...Hurt...at a lost for words and simply in complete disbelief at the moment. WOW— Kevin Hart (@KevinHart4real) May 2, 2018
In a statement released by the prosecutor’s office Jackson was charged with attempted extortion and extortion by threatening letter. According to authorities, Jackson threatened to release a video he secretly recorded of Hart having sex with a woman in Las Vegas, ABC News reported.
"Jackson is accused of trying to extort an undisclosed amount of money from Hart between Aug. 25 and Aug. 30, 2017," the statement said. "Jackson allegedly had a videotape of the actor with a woman in Las Vegas and then is accused of trying to sell the recording to numerous celebrity news websites."
Jackson was arrested Monday and is being held on $100,000 bail, according to jail records. He could face up to four years in county jail if convicted.
Jackson's attorney, Chad Lewin, did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment, ABC News reported.
You may be offline. Please check your connection and try again using the Retry button.